Learn the science of health & fitness!
Ordinary people doing extraordinary things!
Have fun with new friends!
“You don’t have to be Great to Start, but you have to Start to be Great.”
If you are new to CrossFit, this should be particularly important to you.
Does the CrossFit gym you are looking at have new member introduction classes? CrossFit is very different from traditional gym training and even the most experienced traditional gym goer often finds benefits in CrossFit introduction classes.
The emphasis of the Alluvium Foundations program is on skill development and exposure to our basic movements. It is designed to prepare you to enter our ongoing group classes. We will teach you everything you need to know to be comfortable at Alluvium. Technique is paramount to ensure your safety and success.
- We will introduce you to technique and mechanics first, then intensity.
- We will be showing you movements that begin with the relatively non-technical and progressively more technical.
- One on one sessions with an exclusive coach who will teach you the basics and get you ready for group classes.
- There will be a workout at the end of each class which will get progressively more challenging as the course progresses.
- The difficulty of these workouts is ultimately in your hands.
- The degree that you push yourself will determine how hard the workout is.
The class is called Foundations for a specific reason…we want to make you comfortable with movement before we add load or speed. Shifts in body composition are one of the most motivating ways to measure success. We highly encourage you to take “Before” pictures at the beginning of the Foundations class